नया आगंतुकन के स्वागत बा! विकिपीडिया एगो इंटरनेट आधारित ज्ञानकोश हवे। ई एगो अइसन माध्यम ह जौन बिबिध प्रकार के बिसयन पर सही सही आ प्रमाण सहित जानकारी उपलब्ध करावे के कोशिस से बनल बा। इहाँ योगदान करे वाला सभ सदस्य लोग अपनी इच्छा से अपनी सुबिधा की हिसाब से समय दे के एह ज्ञानकोश में जानकारी आ प्रमाण जोड़े में मदद करत बा। एही से रउवाँ सभ से बिनती बा कि अगर भोजपुरी में लिखे आवत होखे आ प्रमाण आ सन्दर्भ सहित कौनों जानकारी बाँट सकत बाड़ीं त ए ज्ञानकोश में जानकारी जोड़ के एके बढ़ावे में मदद कइल जाय।इहाँ चौपाल पर सदस्य लोग विकिपीडिया, ए से जुड़ल तकनीकी मामिला या कौनों लेख, साँचा, श्रेणी, फोटो जेवन इहाँ विकिपीडिया पर होखे एकरी बारे में आपन सवाल या सुझाव राख सकत बा। आपन बात रखला से पहिले एक बेर स्क्राल जरूर पढ़ लिहल जाय:
- १ Wikimania 2016 Scholarships - Deadline soon!
- २ 2016 WMF Strategy consultation
- ३ Bihari is missing
- ४ Geographical Indications in India Edit-a-thon
- ५ The visual editor is coming to this wiki
- ६ Reminder: the visual editor is coming to this wiki soon
- ७ New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (March 2016)
- ८ Open Call for Individual Engagement Grants
- ९ CIS-A2K Newsletter 2016 March
- १० Server switch 2016
- ११ Wikipedia to the Moon
- १२ WikiConference India 2016 update
- १३ Train-the-Trainer and MediaWiki Training: Capacity building initiatives for the Wikimedia community
- १४ Apply for WikiConference India 2016 scholarships
- १५ CIS-A2K April 2016 Newsletter
- १६ Train-the-Trainer 2016: Event details and invitation to apply
Wikimania 2016 Scholarships - Deadline soon![संपादन]
- Please help translate to your language
A reminder - applications for scholarships for Wikimania 2016 in Esino Lario, Italy, are closing soon! Please get your applications in by January 9th. To apply, visit the page below:
2016 WMF Strategy consultation[संपादन]
- Please help translate to your language
The Wikimedia Foundation (WMF) has launched a consultation to help create and prioritize WMF strategy beginning July 2016 and for the 12 to 24 months thereafter. This consultation will be open, on Meta, from 18 January to 26 February, after which the Foundation will also use these ideas to help inform its Annual Plan. (More on our timeline can be found on that Meta page.)
Your input is welcome (and greatly desired) at the Meta discussion, 2016 Strategy/Community consultation.
Apologies for English, where this is posted on a non-English project. We thought it was more important to get the consultation translated as much as possible, and good headway has been made there in some languages. There is still much to do, however! We created m:2016 Strategy/Translations to try to help coordinate what needs translation and what progress is being made. :)
If you have questions, please reach out to me on my talk page or on the strategy consultation's talk page or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bihari is missing[संपादन]
Bihari is missing from this page:
Thank you, Varlaam (बात करीं) २१:५८, १९ जनवरी २०१६ (UTC)
- Thank you, Varlaam for bringing this to our attkention. I have added it there. --सत्यम् मिश्र बातचीत ०४:३२, २० जनवरी २०१६ (UTC)
Geographical Indications in India Edit-a-thon[संपादन]
CIS-A2K is going to organize an edit-a-thon between 25 and 31 January this year. The aim of this edit-a-thon is creating and improving Geographical Indications in India related articles.
We welcome all of you to join this edit-a-thon.
Please see the event and add your name as a participant: meta:CIS-A2K/Events/Geographical_Indications_in_India_Edit-a-thon
GI edit-a-thon 2016 updates[संपादन]
Geographical Indications in India Edit-a-thon 2016 has started, if you have not signed up still, please consider joining now.
Here are a few updates:
- More than 80 Wikipedians have joined this edit-a-thon
- More than 20 articles have been created/expanded already (this may not be the exact number, see "Ideas" section #1 below)
- Infobox geographical indication has been started on English Wikipedia. You may help to create a similar template for on your Wikipedia.
- Become GI edit-a-thon language ambassador
If you are an experienced editor, become an ambassador. Ambassadors are community representatives and they will review articles created during this edit-a-thon, and perform a few other administrative tasks.
- Translate the Meta event page
- Please report the articles you are creating or expanding here. It'll be difficult for us to count or review articles unless you report it.
- These articles may also be created or expanded:
- Geographical indication (en:Geographical indication)
- List of Geographical Indications in India (en:List of Geographical Indications in India)
- Geographical Indications of Goods (Registration and Protection) Act, 1999 (en:Geographical Indications of Goods (Registration and Protection) Act, 1999)
See more ideas and share your own here.
- Further updates
The visual editor is coming to this wiki[संपादन]
Hello. Please excuse the English. Please help translate to your language. Thank you!
My name is Erica, and I am a Community Liaison at the Wikimedia Foundation. I'm here to let you know that the visual editor is coming to editors at this Wikipedia soon. It allows people to edit Wikipedia articles as if they were using word processing software.
You don't have to wait until the deployment to test it; you can test the visual editor right now. To turn it on, select "बीटा" in your preferences. Choose "VisualEditor" and click save. When it is enabled, you will press the "संपादन" button to edit an article in the new software. To use the wikitext editor, you can press "स्रोत संपादित करीं".
After the deployment, everyone will automatically have the option to use either the visual editor or the current wikitext editor. For more information about how to use the visual editor, see mw:Help:VisualEditor/User guide.
More information about preparing for the visual editor is posted here.
- It's easier to add templates if you've added TemplateData information.
- Please help translate the user interface and pages about the visual editor. See the visual editor's TranslationCentral for general information. To translate the user guide, go to the MediaWiki.org page, and select "Translate this page". Your language should be available from the drop-down menu on the right. Once you've done this, you'll see the document in English, side by side with any translation work already done in your language. You can add new translations or change old translations. To translate the user interface, you need to create an account at translatewiki.net. Contact me personally if you need help with that.
- Please let us know if you find any problems. You can report issues in Phabricator, the new bug tracking system or on the central feedback page on MediaWiki.org. If you notice major issues affecting your project, please leave a note on my talk page.
Reminder: the visual editor is coming to this wiki soon[संपादन]
Hello again. Please excuse the English. Please help translate to your language. Thank you!
This is a reminder that the visual editor is coming to all editors at this Wikipedia soon. As of this writing, the team is not aware of any issues specific to this language that should prevent the new software to be deployed here; therefore, please do let us know if you find any problems instead. You can report issues in Phabricator, the new bug tracking system or on the central feedback page on MediaWiki.org. There is a short guide at mediawiki.org that you can follow (as if it was a "checklist") to learn about the community work necessary to adapt the visual editor, and its referencing system in particular, to your community's needs.
If you can translate from English into this wiki's language, or know anyone who can, please follow the links below, as this language still has 0% progress in translations (0% or slightly above, for interface messages). You'll help your community get the best possible experience when it comes to interface messages and documentation related to the visual editor. After you click on any links, your language should be available from the drop-down menu on the right. Once you've selected it, you'll see the document in English side by side with any translation work already done in your language. You can add new translations or modify existing ones. The interface is hosted at https://translatewiki.net; you'll need an account if you never translated there before. The user guide lives at Mediawiki.org, for which you can use your regular Wikipedia account. You're welcome to contact me personally whenever you need help.
New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (March 2016)[संपादन]
Apologies for writing in English. Please help translate to your language
The Wikipedia Library is announcing signups today for free, full-access accounts to published research as part of our Publisher Donation Program. You can sign up for access to research materials from:
- Cambridge University Press - a major publisher of academic journals and e-books in a variety of subject areas. Access includes both Cambridge Journals Online and Cambridge Books. 25 accounts.
- Alexander Street Academic Video Online - a large academic video collection good for a wide range of subjects, including news programs (such as PBS and BBC), music and theatre, lectures and demonstrations, and documentaries. 25 accounts.
- Baylor University Press - a publisher of academic e-books primarily in religious studies and the humanities. 50 accounts.
- Future Science Group - a publisher of medical, biotechnological and scientific research. 30 accounts.
- Annual Reviews - a publisher of review articles in the biomedical sciences. 100 accounts.
- Miramar Ship Index - an index to ships and their histories since the early 19th century. 30 accounts.
- Noormags - Farsi-language aggregator of academic and professional journals and magazines. 30 accounts.
- Kotobna - Arabic-language ebook publishing platform. 20 accounts.
- Gale - aggregator of newspapers, magazines and journals. 50 accounts.
- Elsevier ScienceDirect - an academic publishing company that publishes medical and scientific literature. 100 accounts.
Many other partnerships with accounts available are listed on our partners page, including Project MUSE, De Gruyter, EBSCO, Newspapers.com and British Newspaper Archive. Do better research and help expand the use of high quality references across Wikipedia projects: sign up today!
--The Wikipedia Library Team २०:३०, १७ मार्च २०१६ (UTC)
Open Call for Individual Engagement Grants[संपादन]
Please help translate to your language:
Greetings! The Individual Engagement Grants (IEG) program is accepting proposals until April 12th to fund new tools, research, outreach efforts, and other experiments that enhance the work of Wikimedia volunteers. Whether you need a small or large amount of funds (up to $30,000 USD), IEGs can support you and your team’s project development time in addition to project expenses such as materials, travel, and rental space.
- Submit a grant request or draft your proposal in IdeaLab
- Get help with your proposal in an upcoming Hangout session
- Learn from examples of completed Individual Engagement Grants
With thanks, I JethroBT (WMF) १५:४७, ३१ मार्च २०१६ (UTC)
CIS-A2K Newsletter 2016 March[संपादन]
CIS-A2K has published their March 2016 newsletter. The edition includes details about these topics:
- CIS-A2K's work-plan for the year 2016-2017
- National-level Wikipedia Education Program review workshop conducted in Bangalore in mid-January;
- BHASHA-Indian Languages Digital Festival event and CIS-A2K's participation;
- A learning pattern describing the importance of storytelling over demonstration in a Wikipedia outreach;
Server switch 2016[संपादन]
The Wikimedia Foundation will be testing its newest data center in Dallas. This will make sure Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia wikis can stay online even after a disaster. To make sure everything is working, the Wikimedia Technology department needs to conduct a planned test. This test will show whether they can reliably switch from one data center to the other. It requires many teams to prepare for the test and to be available to fix any unexpected problems.
They will switch all traffic to the new data center on Tuesday, 19 April.
On Thursday, 21 April, they will switch back to the primary data center.
Unfortunately, because of some limitations in MediaWiki, all editing must stop during those two switches. We apologize for this disruption, and we are working to minimize it in the future.
You will be able to read, but not edit, all wikis for a short period of time.
- You will not be able to edit for approximately 15 to 30 minutes on Tuesday, 19 April and Thursday, 21 April, starting at 14:00 UTC (15:00 BST, 16:00 CEST, 10:00 EDT, 07:00 PDT).
If you try to edit or save during these times, you will see an error message. We hope that no edits will be lost during these minutes, but we can't guarantee it. If you see the error message, then please wait until everything is back to normal. Then you should be able to save your edit. But, we recommend that you make a copy of your changes first, just in case.
- Background jobs will be slower and some may be dropped.
Red links might not be updated as quickly as normal. If you create an article that is already linked somewhere else, the link will stay red longer than usual. Some long-running scripts will have to be stopped.
- There will be a code freeze for the week of 18 April.
No non-essential code deployments will take place.
This test was originally planned to take place on March 22. April 19th and 21st are the new dates. You can read the schedule at wikitech.wikimedia.org. They will post any changes on that schedule. There will be more notifications about this. Please share this information with your community. /User:Whatamidoing (WMF) (talk) २१:०८, १७ अप्रैल २०१६ (UTC)
Wikipedia to the Moon[संपादन]
Hello! Sorry that this is in English only, but we are using village pump messaging in order to reach as many language communities as possible. Wrong page? Please fix it here.
This is an invitation to all Wikipedians: Wikimedia Deutschland has been given data space to include Wikipedia content in an upcoming mission to the Moon. (No joke!) We have launched a community discussion about how to do that, because we feel that this is for the global community of editors. Please, join the discussion on Meta-Wiki (and translate this invitation to your language community)! Best, Moon team at Wikimedia Deutschland १५:३५, २१ अप्रैल २०१६ (UTC)
WikiConference India 2016 update[संपादन]
Train-the-Trainer and MediaWiki Training: Capacity building initiatives for the Wikimedia community[संपादन]
Like the previous years  CIS-A2K is planning for a capacity building activity for the Indic-language Wikimedia communities this year. This 3-4 day event, that is planned to be organized in Bengaluru, will include several parallel training sessions. The general sessions will broadly include:
- How to conduct Wikimedia outreach (workshops, GLAM activities, edit-a-thons)
- Ways to groom new contributors
- Advanced Wikipedia editing and Wikipedia policy and guidelines
Similarly, the MediaWiki training will include:
- MediaWiki - installation, analysis, understanding
- Working with MediaWiki
- How bots work on Wikimedia projects with an emphasis on pywikibot
- Bug triage, bug life cycle, raising a bug, fixing a bug
- General overview of FOSS, Openness, social media, Copyright, Creative Commons
We are looking forward to nominate yourself or nominate any other member of your community to participate in this event. We will be selecting the participants based on the community recommendation. We are looking forward to hearing your inputs on the program design and anything in particular that you would like to see.
Please note that the Wikimedians who have not attended the previous iterations of this training will be given more preference.
You can learn more about the event here.
Apply for WikiConference India 2016 scholarships[संपादन]
CIS-A2K April 2016 Newsletter[संपादन]
CIS-A2K has published their April 2016 newsletter. The edition includes details about these topics:
- Edit-a-thon organised at Christ University, Bangalore to celebrate Women’s Day;
- Celebrating the 13th anniversary of Kannada Wikipedia;
- Odia-language Women’s History Month edit-a-thons;
- Upcoming 14th birth anniversary of Odia Wikipedia;
Train-the-Trainer 2016: Event details and invitation to apply[संपादन]
Greetings from CIS-A2K,
It gives us great pleasure to inform that the Train-the-Trainer 2016 programme organised by CIS-A2K is going to be held from 15-17 June, Bangalore.
Train-the-Trainer programme was conceptualised in order to bridge the gap between wiki volunteers/enthusiasts who would like to conduct off reach activities and have been discouraged due to non availability of resources and support. The three day residential event will include presentations by the participants regarding a plan to improve their wiki-projects, expert sessions about conducting effective outreach activities, best practices from the global wiki communities, revised grant structure of WMF, activities to understand WMF strategy and vision, understanding global metrics and coming up with a concrete plan by participants in association with A2K to improve their wiki-projects.
A2K invites Wikimedians to apply for this programme. Participants will be selected based on their on wiki and off wiki activities and their responses to the questions asked in the Google form. Selected participants are required to finish pre-work assigned to them without fail. Please fill the Google form given below and write to us at email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com for more details.
- Apologies, the dates for Train-the-Trainer 2016 have slightly been changed (we have made changes in the message above), the event will be held on 15-17 June 2016 in Bangalore.
- CIS-A2K would like to groom new leadership and sustain existing initiatives in the community. In order to fulfil this objectives, preference will be given to Wikimedians who are applying for the first time.Please fill this form if you have not done yet. Please keep on checking the event page for further updates or contact firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or me at firstname.lastname@example.org --Titodutta (बात करीं) ०९:१९, २५ मई २०१६ (UTC)