विकिपीडिया:Non-free content criteria
|संछेप में : Respect the rules of non-free content and only use non-free content as a last resort.|
- For the full non-free content use guideline (including this policy and its criteria) see Wikipedia:Non-free content.
- As per the Wikimedia Foundation Licensing policy resolution of March 23, 2007, this document serves as the Exemption Doctrine Policy for the English Wikipedia.
- To support Wikipedia's mission to produce perpetually free content for unlimited distribution, modification and application by all users in all media.
- To minimize legal exposure by limiting the amount of non-free content, using more narrowly defined criteria than apply under the fair use provisions in United States copyright law.
- To facilitate the judicious use of non-free content to support the development of a high-quality encyclopedia.
There is no automatic entitlement to use non-free content in an article or elsewhere on Wikipedia. Articles and other Wikipedia pages may, in accordance with the quotation style guideline, use brief verbatim textual excerpts from copyrighted media, properly attributed or cited to its original source or author (as described by the citation policy), and specifically indicated as direct quotations via quotation marks, <blockquote>, or a similar method. Other non-free content—including all copyrighted images, audio and video clips, and other media files that lack a free content license—may be used on the English Wikipedia only where all 10 of the following criteria are met.
- विकिपीडिया:Non-free content criteria/spanNo free equivalent. Non-free content is used only where no free equivalent is available, or could be created, that would serve the same encyclopedic purpose.
- विकिपीडिया:Non-free content criteria/spanRespect for commercial opportunities. Non-free content is not used in a manner that is likely to replace the original market role of the original copyrighted material.
- विकिपीडिया:Non-free content criteria/spanMinimal usage:
- विकिपीडिया:Non-free content criteria/spanMinimal number of items. Multiple items of non-free content are not used if one item can convey equivalent significant information.
- विकिपीडिया:Non-free content criteria/spanMinimal extent of use. An entire work is not used if a portion will suffice. Low- rather than high-resolution/fidelity/bit rate is used (especially where the original could be used for deliberate copyright infringement). This rule also applies to the copy in the File: namespace.
- विकिपीडिया:Non-free content criteria/spanPrevious publication. Non-free content must be a work which has been published or publicly displayed outside Wikipedia by (or with permission from) the copyright holder, or a derivative of such a work created by a Wikipedia editor.
- विकिपीडिया:Non-free content criteria/spanContent. Non-free content meets general Wikipedia content standards and is encyclopedic.
- विकिपीडिया:Non-free content criteria/spanMedia-specific policy. Non-free content meets Wikipedia's media-specific policy. For example, images must meet Wikipedia:Image use policy.
- विकिपीडिया:Non-free content criteria/spanOne-article minimum. Non-free content is used in at least one article.
- विकिपीडिया:Non-free content criteria/spanContextual significance. Non-free content is used only if its presence would significantly increase readers' understanding of the article topic, and its omission would be detrimental to that understanding.
- विकिपीडिया:Non-free content criteria/spanRestrictions on location. Non-free content is allowed only in articles (not disambiguation pages), and only in article namespace, subject to exemptions. (To prevent an image category from displaying thumbnails, add __NOGALLERY__ to it; images are linked, not inlined, from talk pages when they are a topic of discussion.)
- विकिपीडिया:Non-free content criteria/spanImage description page. The image or media description page contains the following:
- विकिपीडिया:Non-free content criteria/spanIdentification of the source of the original copyrighted material, supplemented, where possible, with information about the artist, publisher and copyright holder, and year of copyright; this is to help determine the material's potential market value. See: Wikipedia:Citing sources § Multimedia.
- विकिपीडिया:Non-free content criteria/spanA copyright tag that indicates which Wikipedia policy provision is claimed to permit the use. For a list of image copyright tags, see Wikipedia:Image copyright tags/Non-free content.
- विकिपीडिया:Non-free content criteria/spanThe name of each article (a link to each article is also recommended) in which fair use is claimed for the item, and a separate, specific non-free use rationale for each use of the item, as explained at Wikipedia:Non-free use rationale guideline. The rationale is presented in clear, plain language and is relevant to each use.
- A file with a valid non-free-use rationale for some (but not all) articles it is used in will not be deleted. Instead, the file should be removed from the articles for which it lacks a non-free-use rationale, or a suitable rationale added.
- A file on which non-free use is claimed that is not used in any article (criterion 7) may be deleted seven days after notification.
- A file in use in an article and uploaded after 13 July 2006 that does not comply with this policy 48 hours after notification to the uploading editor will be deleted. To avoid deletion, the uploading editor or another Wikipedian will need to provide a convincing non-free-use defense that satisfies all 10 criteria. For a file in use in an article that was uploaded before 13 July 2006, the 48-hour period is extended to seven days.
- Note that it is the duty of users seeking to include or retain content to provide a valid rationale; those seeking to remove or delete it are not required to show that one cannot be created—see burden of proof.
Deletion criteria for non-free content are specified in Wikipedia:Criteria for speedy deletion § Files.
Page टेम्पलेट:Reflist/styles.css has no content.
- ↑ A redirect pointing to the page where the non-free content is intended to be used is acceptable as the article name in the non-free use rationale.