- 1 सुझाव
- 2 खुब निमन सुझाव बा
- 3 Language support group for Bihari
- 4 Collaboration
- 5 Summary and perspectives from Discussions with Indic language wikimedians - 2011
- 6 Narayam and Web Fonts for Bhojpuri
- 7 स्वागत
- 8 WikiProject: Lilavati's Daughers
- 9 Calling for participation: CIS-A2K's Train The Trainer Program
- 10 Short-term Assignment at CIS-A2K
- 11 CIS-A2K Grant Report September 2012-June 2013
- 12 तकीनीकी सहायता
- 13 Facing problems in typing your language?
खुब निमन सुझाव बा[संपादन]
राम जी। खुब निमन सुझाव बा बाकि इ के Sidebar में कईसे शामिल करल जाई इ हमके अभी तक मालूम नाहि बा आ फिलहाल हमार Adminship भी EXPIRE हो चुकल बा। रउआ कउनो उपाय बता सकत बानी का? Nepaboy (talk) ११:१९, ११ अगस्त २०१० (UTC)
Language support group for Bihari[संपादन]
The Wikimedia Foundation has brought together a new team of developers who are dedicated to language support. This team is to support all the languages and consequently it is not realistic to expect that the team members can provide proper support for your language. It is for this reason that we are looking for volunteers who will make up a language support team.
This language support team will be asked to provide us with information about their language. Such information may need to be provided either to us or on a website that we will indicate to you. Another activity will be to test software that will likely have an effect on the running of the MediaWiki software. We are looking for people who clearly identify their ability. Formal knowledge is definitely appreciated.
I am Rahul Deshmukh Admin on Marathi wikipedia, recently in the Mumbai Wiki India Conference 2011 we have mutually decided to help Sanskrit wikipedia to grow. I have found the growth rate of the bhojpuri wikipedia is also moderate. Do you want any type of help from us. Initially we can help in the area like technical aspects for eg. templates, bots, training material for new users etc. If you think there is any interest/need form bhojpuri community for such help please update me on Rahul Deshmukh .
- Thanks Rahuldeshmukh101 ०७:२४, ३ दिसम्बर २०११ (UTC)
Summary and perspectives from Discussions with Indic language wikimedians - 2011[संपादन]
Dear Bhojpuri wikipedians,
I am Shiju Alex, Consultant, Indic Initiatives, India Programs of WMF. I am here to support you to build community and wikipedia. Over the past few weeks I spoke with wikipedians from different Indic languages. But I couldn't find any active member from Bhojpuri. If any one is interested to work on Bhojpuri wikipedia I can assist you in all possible ways. Please reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org for any help.
I have sent a detailed note to the various local language and India community mailing list summarizing my discussions with various Indic editors. In this note, I have also shared my perspectives on a series of issues related to community building (keeping existing editors, welcoming back old editors, attracting newbies, improving outreach, encouraging communication, collaborating on articles, and celebrating success), project quality (discouraging the use of bots for content creation and being more selective in adoption of English wikipedia policies) as well as on readership. It is a long post but I request you to go through this page in meta wiki. Please share your comments and feedback as a reply below this, or on the meta talk page of my post, or directly to me. I am really keen on hearing from as many of you as I can - and to start working together. --Shiju ०७:०२, २६ दिसम्बर २०११ (UTC)
This is the first post from the India Program team regarding the team. I have been posting updates on the various mailing lists - but am acutely aware that the majority of our community is on village pumps or project pages and hence this post. Do excuse me for posting something which is not solely focused on this project, but the work we are doing has learnings that you might find useful for your project. Here are 5 important links that you might find useful
- There is an India Program page on meta - which has links to a number of important workstreams (on the right of the page)
- Here is your India Program team. Feel free to reach out for any help or to provide any suggestion - or just to say hello!
- I submitted the following mid-year report to the community on January 15th 2011 - outlining the activities for 2011 and the priorities for 2012. Strictly speaking, this wasn't a mid-year report because it covered all of 2011, but going forward, I intend to make it a half-yearly affair. Please add your comments or suggestions here, or below this post.
- I have recently started monthly updates. The monthly update for February is available here. Please add your comments or suggestion here. The areas of emphasis for March are here. Please add your comments or here. This is really useful for us to ensure that we are doing what you need most.
- I have also started a new tab on the India Program page for Learnings, called Gyan. I think it is going to be a pretty cool place for us to put together a whole host of learnings, lessons, heartbreaks, Eureka moments and inspirations - gathered from all over the community. Stay tuned for more!
- One of the essential things that India Program needs to constantly work out is keeping our community informed of the work that we are doing - so that this work is clearer but also to help cross-pollinate ideas amongst a wider set of community members who might not have been engaged on specific village pump / talk page discussion or involved in particular activities (e.g. outreach events) or wikiprojects. I propose to have a fortnightly IRC for the community with India Program. (For those who are not familiar with IRC, it is an Internet messaging system similar to a regular chat room. It's very simple to use and you can join in by clicking on the following link. This would be done on the 1st and 3rd Thursdays of every month at 9pm IST (which is GMT + 0530) - THOUGH NOT THIS MONTH - BECAUSE I HAVE MISSED THE TIMELINE. Just for March, we will do it on March 15th and March 29th (both at 9pm IST which is GMT + 0530). I suggest that these chats are focused on specific work streams. As with many community meet-ups - folks will give time to attend a meet-up or participate in an IRC only if there is a topic of relevance to them. Therefore, we will do one IRC on Indic languages and one on Outreach & Communications. The March 15th one will be focused on Indic Languages and the one on March 29th will be on Outreach & Communications. (All IRCs will start with a re-cap of India Programs activities.) There is quite a bit of overlap on these topics - so feel free to join both. Please do also invite anyone who is interested to know more about India Program or - even more importantly - interact with fellow Wikimedians. As always, the logs will be put up on meta for the benefit of those who can't attend and for the record.
Please feel free to translate this post for the benefit of the larger audience. In fact, I'd be really grateful if you did!
Narayam and Web Fonts for Bhojpuri[संपादन]
At translatewiki.net we have supported an input method and webfonts for Bhojpuri since last years hackathon in Pune. It has been used and we intent to make it available on the Bhojpuri Wikimedia wikis. We would like to learn if there are any issues. Thanks, Gmeijssen (talk) ०८:३०, २९ मार्च २०१२ (UTC)
आप सब लोगन क भोजपुरी विकिपीडिया के चौपाल पर स्वागत बा। अगर आप लोगन के मन में कौनो सवाल बाटे आ चाहे कौनो मदद चाहत होखे त जरूर पूछिहन। हमहूँ इहा अबही हालै में आयल बाड़ी त आप लोगन क सहयोग क उम्मीद करत बाड़ी। -- अजीत कुमार तिवारी बातचीत १९:०९, १९ अगस्त २०१३ (UTC)
WikiProject: Lilavati's Daughers[संपादन]
Excuse me for writing in English. The Indian Academy of Sciences brought out a book titled Lilavati's Daughters. The book concentrates on 50 Women of Sciences in India. A few people attended Wikimania 2013 in Hong Kong and few people watched it on live stream, a talk by User:Keilana on articles on Women Scientists and thought this might be a good idea to an edit-a-thon on. This page is a placeholder for the event. I request user contributions on the topic and also listing the same on this page.Hindustanilanguage (talk) ०८:०५, ३ सितम्बर २०१३ (UTC).
Calling for participation: CIS-A2K's Train The Trainer Program[संपादन]
CIS-A2K is organising a 4 day Train the Trainer (TTT) program in Bangalore during first week of October 2013. The idea of the program is to build capacity and enable community members to conduct outreach sessions independently or with minimal support to introduce Wikipedia to prospective editors in their respective Indian languages.
By way of this program, CIS-A2K wants to support and enable community members who might be interested to conduct Wikipedia outreach sessions in their own cities/languages. The event is open to all Wikimedia volunteers from India who can and want to support outreach events in the coming year.
CIS-A2K is calling for applicants for it's Train the Trainer Program. If you'd like to be part of this program please make sure that you meet the selection criterion and submit Train the Trainer Program Application From by 13th September, 2013.
To know more about the program, rationale, overview, timeline etc. please visit the Meta page.
We look forward to hearing from you soon. For any further queries please mail at email@example.com.
Short-term Assignment at CIS-A2K[संपादन]
Apologies for not posting in your language. At CIS-A2K we are looking to engage an experienced Wikimedian on a short-term assignment. Please see this notice for more details. All queries may please be sent over e-mail given in the notice.
CIS-A2K Grant Report September 2012-June 2013[संपादन]
(Apologies for writing in English. You are welcome to translate this message)
Greetings! As many of you know that the Wikimedia Foundation approved a 22 month grant to the CIS-A2K. The aim of the grant is to support the growth of Wikimedia movement in India.
Please find the Grant Report for the first 10 months period here.
CIS-A2K will be happy to receive your feedback. Please let us know if you have any suggestions, questions and concerns about the report and our work. We would be glad to have this feedback here.
We are thankful to the Wikimedia community in India, Wikimedia India Chapter and the Wikimedia Foundation for actively engaging with our work. We will continue to work upon our deficiencies, failures and successes. Thanks! --Hindustanilanguage (talk) ०६:४८, ६ नवम्बर २०१३ (UTC)
अगर कउनो सदस्य के साँचा, ज्ञानसंदूक वगैरह बनावे में रुचि होखे त जरूर मदद करीं। खाली पन्ना क बाहरी ढाँचों सुधार दिहल बढ़िया काम हो सकेला। हमहूँ कुछ कोशिश कइलीं लेकिन काम ठीक से हो ना पावत बा। राउर लोग के सुझाव आ सहयोग क स्वागत रही। धन्यवाद। -- अजीत कुमार तिवारी बातचीत ०४:१०, १४ नवम्बर २०१३ (UTC)
Facing problems in typing your language?[संपादन]
Dear friends, excuse me for writing the message in English. Please feel free to translate this message in your language.
Many of you might have experienced trouble in using the input tool - Universal Language Selector (ULS). Wikimedia Foundation's Engineering Language Engineering team is trying to resolve it as soon as possible.
However, you can enable it as an opt-in option in your User preferences (Please select the user checkbox before "Enable the Universal Language Selector" as shown in the picture above). Hindustanilanguage (talk) ०९:३८, २२ जनवरी २०१४ (UTC).